Become a Leader People Will Follow
Discover the attitudes that create a culture where people thrive and learn the skills that increase employee performance and productivity.
As a participating leader, you will be immersed in fast-paced, hands-on learning experiences culminating in practical, on-the-job application. This four-part program is led by the Center’s instructional team consisting of proven leaders from a variety of fields who all have one thing in common – a passion for developing others.
Here’s what you will learn:
- The characteristics and skills of a skilled and trustworthy leader
- The principles and practices needed to develop people to be the best that they can be at what they do
- The knowledge and abilities that create and maintain high-quality work processes
- The foresight to create a work culture that will outlive the leader’s presence
TO REGISTER FOR THE FULL SERIES OF THIS PROGRAM
Visit the Leader Development Program full series registration page.
For Leadership Development Program courses, you may enroll in each part separately.
For more information and to register FOR INDIVIDUAL COURSES
Benefits of Attending the Leader Development Program
By applying the skills from this program, you will be able to:
- Develop the leadership qualities and competencies that people will trust, collaborate with, and follow
- Create an environment where employees are being developed to be the best that they can be at what they do
- Use proven processes to increase the organization’s ability to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Develop a competent and progressive work culture driven more by its commitment to its vision, mission, and values than any particular personality
Who Should Attend
Leaders with direct supervisory and management responsibilities who are seeking to develop character-based leadership skills that will help people become the best that they can be at what they do.
Time: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wed.-Thu., Sept. 4-5, 2019
Wed.-Thu., Oct. 2-3, 2019
Wed.-Thu., Oct. 23-24, 2019
Leading for Legacy
Wed.-Thu., Dec. 4-5, 2019
Tricia Burns –Tricia Burns, MBA, is currently Adjunct Faculty for Boise State University’s Multidisciplinary Studies. She also provides leadership training through Boise State’s Center for Professional Development. Tricia has worked in training capacities for most of her 20-year professional career and is known for the engaging approach she brings to workshop facilitation. In addition to Boise State, Tricia has experience in healthcare and government agencies, providing training, needs analysis, program development, program management, grant writing and grant management. She has facilitated on-site custom training for Center’s clients in city, county, state and federal agencies. Tricia also has front-line supervision experience as a business owner and brings this unique view and expertise to her leadership and business classes.
Jeremy Graves – Dr. Jeremy Graves brings seventeen years of non-profit leadership and experience into the classroom. He has developed leaders from all walks of life and has cultivated strategic partnerships both nationally and internationally. Jeremy’s hands-on style of teaching builds community, forges new relationships, furthers productive dialogue, and fosters strategic thinking for leaders from all spheres of the workplace. His research and experience have been in the area of team leadership, and also building and developing teams in the workplace.
Boise State Meridian Center, 2950 Magic View Drive, Suite 188, Meridian, Idaho. View a map to Meridian Center for location and driving directions.
- Each Course: $655 per person, includes all materials
- Full Series: $2,520 per person, includes all materials
Group discounts are available for three or more participants registering from the same organization for the same class at the same time. Call (208) 426-1709.
Download a Leader Development Program course brochure to learn more.
Contact Us For More Information About Boise State Center for Professional Development
Phone: (208) 426-1709
Address: 2950 Magic View Dr., Ste. 188, Meridian, ID 83642