Score Higher on the LSAT by Learning Test-Taking Strategies
We take the mystery out of the LSAT and give you the tools you need to succeed on the exam.
The LSAT is a paper-based standardized exam that is administered four times per year. Boise State’s LSAT Test Preparation Courses are precisely scheduled to make sure students reach exam day performing at their peak.
The LSAT preparation program covers each aspect of the test in complete detail, offering concrete techniques for solving even the most challenging items on the test. Special attention is paid to learning how to recognize and set up logic games in the analytical reasoning section. The course consists of 30 hours of classroom instruction, plus additional practice exercises.
Logical Reasoning Topics
- Easy to apply strategies for solving each type of logical reasoning question appearing on the test
- An overview of the most common fallacies found in logical reasoning questions
Analytical Reasoning Topics
- A taxonomy of analytical reasoning game types and tips for setting up each type of game found on the LSAT
- Tips for quickly representing the game’s rules in shorthand, and for combining these rules into powerful super rules
- Tips for using answers to previous questions to quickly eliminate incorrect answer choices and subsequent questions
Reading Comprehension Topics
- A taxonomy of reading comprehension passage types and a step by step approach to questions that concern the passage as a whole
- What key words in the question indicate about how to use the passage to find the correct answer
- How to recognize the correct answer after narrowing the choices down to two
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
Who Should Take the LSAT Preparation Course
Individuals preparing to sit for the LSAT Exam.
Choose from two delivery formats: live-online or face-to-face
Click on the titles in the list below to read more about each of the classes and choose the format most convenient for you.
Live-Online LSAT Preparation Course Format
Mon. & Wed., Apr. 24 – May 29, 2019, 7-10 p.m., Omit May 27, 2019
The LSAT live-online course is taught by Jon Gould, an instructor from Educational Testing Consultants, our partner in higher education test preparation.
Non-Student Fee: $799
Student Fee (Boise State employees, students, and alumni): $699
To register for the live-online format
For the live-online course held Mon. & Wed., Apr. 24 – May 29, 2019, 7-10 p.m., visit this LSAT Preparation live-online course registration page.
Face-to-Face Classroom Format
Tue. & Thu., Jun. 4 – Jul. 11, 2019, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
(omit Jul. 2 and 4, 2019}
Boise State Meridian Center, 2950 Magic View Dr., Ste. 188, Meridian, Idaho. View a map to Meridian Center for location and driving directions.
The LSAT face-to-face course is taught by David Hunt.
Non-Student Fee: $899
Student Fee (Boise State employees, students, and alumni): $849
To register for the face-to-face format
For the face-to-face course held Tue. & Thu., Jun. 4 – Jul. 11, 2019, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., visit this LSAT Preparation face-to-face course registration page.
Contact Us For More Information About Boise State Center for Professional Development
Phone: (208) 426-1709
Address: 2950 Magic View Dr., Ste. 188, Meridian, ID 83642