Praxis – Move toward a teaching career!
Trying to get into a teacher preparation or certification program? The Praxis® Core Verbal test assesses basic reading comprehension and written communication skills. The Praxis Core Verbal test is required or accepted for admission into many teacher prep programs and for teacher certification in most states.
We will help you improve your skills, confidence, and score, all of which increase your chance of admission into the teacher preparation program of your choice!
Receive 10 hours of expert classroom instruction on the Core Verbal section of the Praxis. This comprehensive course includes an overview of the reading skills and writing conventions tested on the Praxis and prepares you for the questions typically seen on this test.
The Praxis Core Verbal Prep Class includes expert instruction, a proven format, all required course materials, and online support resources in one convenient, affordable package.
PRAXIS CORE VERBAL PREP CLASSES OFFER:
- Expert Instructors: Our test-prep instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructors know the Praxis and care about helping you achieve your goal.
- Proven Strategies: The curriculum was developed by test-prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success.
- Superior Materials: The Praxis Core Verbal Prep Class includes a course workbook that provides topic review, strategy modeling, and sample questions for practice.
- Online Support: Our online support package for Praxis classes includes access to recordings of all class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, targeted skills practice, and online office hours. Access to online resources continues for 30 days after your last day of class, so you will still have support for your independent practice after class is over.
- Convenient Scheduling: Live-online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials, access to online resources, and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.
So You Will Be Able To:
- Recognizing and correcting written communication errors that typically appear on the test
- Correctly using and citing outside resources in research essays
- Writing an organized, coherent essay in a limited time
- Skimming longer passages for key information
- Scanning for keywords in passages to locate relevant information
- Identifying and answering the types of reading comprehension questions that typically appear on the test
PRAXIS CORE VERBAL PREP CLASS SYLLABUS:
Session 1: Reading comprehension overview; Skimming and answering global questions
Session 2: Local questions; Logic questions
Session 3: Errors in writing; Writing conventions
Session 4: Writing conventions (cont.); Argumentative Essay; Research Essay
To register for this course
For the online course offered on Mar. 5-14, 2019, 7-9:30 p.m. visit this Praxis Core Verbal Page registration page.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Praxis Core Verbal Prep Class is ideal for anyone looking to enter a teacher preparation program or to become certified to teach. Our Praxis Core Verbal preparation curriculum is a program developed by experts. You’ll receive 10 hours of targeted instruction to help you fully prepare for the Verbal section of the Praxis Core. In the Praxis Core Verbal Prep Class, you’ll master strategies to improve your Praxis score with the help of experienced test preparation instructors who care about your success.
Tue. & Thu., Mar. 5-14, 2019, 7-9:30 p.m.
Convenient Online Scheduling
Praxis Core Verbal Prep Classes are offered live-online, giving you the option to choose the schedule that works best for you. Enjoy the flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors and to re-watch the recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
$199, includes all materials
About our Program
Boise State Center for Professional Development’s Test Prep program is partnered with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students at major colleges and universities across the United States prepare for standardized testing. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly trained, top-quality instructors.
The live-online Praxis Core Verbal Prep Class is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. You need only a high-speed internet connection and speakers or headphones.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
Contact Us For More Information About Boise State Center for Professional Development
Phone: (208) 426-1709
Address: 2950 Magic View Dr., Ste. 188, Meridian, ID 83642