Getting Started With VESi
The Boise State College of Education in partnership with Virtual Education Software, inc (VESi) offers online courses for educators that are convenient, flexible, and teach relevant and applicable content.
VESi Professional Development courses
- are graduate level
- are graded pass/fail
- appear on your transcript with a 553 course number
- cannot be changed to academic credit or applied towards a degree
- cost $235 for a 2-credit course; $280 for a 3-credit course
- all correspondence will be through your Boise State email account assigned to you during registration
Steps for Earning Professional Development Credit
- APPLY – If you have never enrolled as a professional development student at Boise State, or it has been more than two years, complete the online Boise State VESi Professional Development Admission Application. You will receive an email from Extended Studies with your Student ID number and username for myBoiseState, the system that you will use to add your classes
- If it has been less than two years, use your previously provided myBoiseState login information to move to the enrollment step.
- ENROLL – Review VESi Course Offerings and identify class(es) you wish to enroll in.
- Visit the VESi Course Descriptions page for detailed information about each offering.
- Log in to myBoiseState to enroll in the course.
- View the step-by-step VESi enrollment directions for enrolling in your course (will open in own tab).
- PAY – Fees are due at the point of enrollment. Fees are paid through your myBoiseState student account. Fees are $235 for a 2-credit course; $280 for a 3-credit course.
- View the step-by-step payment directions for making your payment
- PREPARE – Review VESi course requirements to familiarize yourself with course expectations, computer and technology requirements, and completion tips.
- You will receive an email from the Boise State K-12 Professional Development Coordinator roughly one week prior to the start date of your course with general information regarding your course and commitment to it.
- BEGIN – You will receive an email from VESi with course access information, grading criteria, and course completion instructions on the first day of the course.
- Note that all communications from VESi will come to your BroncoMail account, a personal student email account accessible from my.boisestate.edu
- View the step-by-step directions for accessing BroncoMail.
Check with your certifying agency to determine if these credits meet your district and/or state requirements.
Courses taken for professional development credit cannot be changed to academic credit.
Contact Us For More Information About K-12 Teacher Professional Development
K-12 Professional Development Program Coordinator
Boise State University Extended Studies
Phone: (208) 426-3713
Address: 2950 Magic View Dr., Ste. 188, Meridian, ID 83642