Boise State Osher Reentry Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity and vision of the Bernard Osher Foundation, Boise State has $50,000 in scholarships to award to reentry students during the 2017-18 academic year.
Annual individual awards are up to $1,250 for part-time students and $2,500 for full-time students.
The scholarship entry deadline is Wednesday, JUNE 1, 2017.
To be considered for an Osher Reentry Scholarship a student must:
- Be admitted as a degree-seeking undergraduate at Boise State University.
- Be a reentry student, typically between the ages 25 to 50, who experienced a 5-year cumulative gap in his or her college studies. (The gap does not have to include 5 consecutive years away from school, but 5 total years.)
- Enroll primarily in face-to-face courses.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative college GPA.
- Plan to participate in the workforce for a significant period of time after graduation.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the online Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete the online Boise State Scholarship Application, which includes the application process for the Osher Reentry Scholarship.
- If this will be your first time logging into the Boise State Scholarship Application, you will need to compete the General Application first, and then navigate to the “Recommended Opportunities.”
- If you qualify for the Osher Reentry Scholarship, the system will automatically recommend it to you. If your GPA is too low or you do not demonstrate financial need, the Osher Reentry Scholarship will not be recommended to you.
- You might have already logged in and completed portions of the General Application, but we highly encourage you to log back in and look for new scholarship opportunities. If you have already completed the General Application, please log in and navigate to the “Recommended Opportunities” to see if you qualify for the Osher Reentry Scholarship.
Final selection is competitive. Preference is given to entering students. The scholarship is not renewable; however, students who are awarded the scholarship may reapply for the scholarship.
- Complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA.
- Complete the Online Boise State Scholarship Application.
All materials must be submitted by June 1, 2017.
The scholarship entry deadline is Wednesday, June 1, 2017.
For more information, please call:
Boise State Extended Studies at (208) 426-1709;
(Press “5” for Extended Studies in the phone options list.)
Or email us: